A Brief History
Roster Point Hockey started as a vision of what hockey recruiting could be in February 2016. As of July 1st 2016, our brand went live with an interactive beta, and the official launch of Roster Point was a few months later on November 21st, 2016. Bryan Brant is our founder and owner, and currently resides in Oshawa, Ontario. He has been involved in hockey as a player since he was a wee lad, and had the opportunity to play at the the Jr. B and Collegiate level hockey in Brockville, ON. His passion is hockey and helping young players reach their dreams and goals. With two sons, both involved in rep hockey, Bryan is looking forward to passing on the business to them, and seeing Roster Point become as successful as he believes it can be.
Roster Point Hockey was designed to break down the logistical barriers that are preventing aspiring hockey players from advancing their hockey careers. Players from all over the world will see opportunities they have never been able to imagine until now. Until now players have relied upon agents or advisors to help them get drafted or to find a suitable team to play for. With a Roster Point Player Profile the player and parent will decide which opportunities are worth exploring vs having them screened before they know about them. We put the control back with the player.
Our goal is to take the “who you know” out of the sport and make it about the players skills and abilities. Hockey without politics will strengthen the game and ensure the right players are getting the chances they deserve.
Value Added Services
Roster Point doesn’t charge players to add a profile to our site, however we do offer the following value added services that can push you to the next level!
- Skills Combines – With our strategic partner XCEL Sport Testing, we’ll be hosting Combine Events around the world. Top Junior and NCAA programs want to see your physical fitness, and combine results starting from the Peewee age group. Players that want to have their results put in front of drafting major junior teams and programs need to have their Combine Results on their RP Player Profile.
- Video Editing – Having Professional looking video clips on your profile will draw the eyes of scouts and coaches in to see your profile. RP provides professional video services and there are different packages to choose from.
- IGA’s (In Game Analysis) – IGA’s are crucial for elite level players and for CVS Players. CVS can identify through analytics what area(s) need improvement in a player’s game. If these instructions are followed, it can increase the players CVS number therefore increasing the value of the player during their draft year.
- Spring Hockey – Roster Point is proud to be selecting elite travelling teams as part of our Player Promotion Services. These teams will play in heavily scouted Tournaments to give players the maximum exposure possible.
- RP Showcase – Another way we expose players to high level teams is by hosting our own RP Showcase Tournament. Players are invited to come and attend a great weekend that includes competitive games, Combine Testing, Special guest speakers and special on ice instructors.
With site wide features like Messaging, Notifications and Player/Team Matching allow the player to communicate directly on the site, notifies them of teams viewing their profile and when they get matched with a Team Player Requests.
Teams create dynamic profiles and include their player needs and what a player can expect from playing on their squad. They can search for players using a number of search filters and submit an unlimited number of Player Requests to find potential prospects. We qualify the players by asking numerous questions that will help a team decide on a player.
The RPH technology brings players and teams together on a neutral platform to network with one another in hopes to find tangible opportunities. We have entered an agreement with CVS Sport Analytics which will rank each and every player signing up for Roster Point. This is the World’s most accurate ranking service and indicates a player’s chances of playing over 100 games in the NHL.
In The Community
RPH works in partnership with students from Durham College Sports Management and Advertising and Marketing Program and the University of Ontario’s Institute for Technology’s Computer Science Program as interns with the hopes of employing some interns to join the Roster Point team full-time.
Our owner, Bryan, is extremely involved in the local community. He is a volunteer hockey coach in the local Church Hockey League and our other employees are very instrumental in local charities and events. He also has founded a new Foundation that he’s started called Asen A Nwara Athletic Foundation, the name is Three Turtles Athletic Foundation. This Foundation was started to help Aboriginal Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer and Basketball players find elite opportunities somewhere in the world to play at the highest level they possibly can. The Foundation would have a training and development component, the Roster Point Player Advancement Technology and a Funding Component that would assist the athlete financially to follow his or her dreams of playing the sport of their dreams.
Your Player Profile is your Hockey Resume. It could be the first thing a scout or team will see. Make the right impression.
With Profile Editor, you design your unique team profile, enabling you to attract highly-skilled players to your club.
The Player Profiles on RosterPoint.com are up-to-date with accurate information directly from the player and parent.
Our Instant Messaging lets you actively interact with players about camps, tryouts and team information.